Award-winning digital audio editor that includes a powerful set of audio processes, tools, and effects
Sound Forge is Sonic Foundry's award-winning two-track digital audio editor. Sound Forge includes a powerful set of audio processes, tools, and effects for manipulating audio.
Sound Forge, this one-of-a-kind application is perfect for audio recording, audio editing, effects processing and media encoding. Combine Sound Forge with any Windows-compatible sound card to create, record, and edit audio files.
The clean and familiar Windows interface makes editing a breeze. It also has built-in support for video and CD burning and can save to a number of audio and video file formats, including WAV, WMA, RM, AVI, and MP3.
After more than 10 years, Sound Forge 7 software remains the standard for professional audio editing and mastering on the PC platform.
Sound Forge· is the professional sound editor perfect for digital audio editing, recording, effects processing, streaming content creation, forensic audio, and more. Cut, paste, mix, crossfade, and delete audio with unparalleled speed and precision. Isolate sounds, clean up audio, and restore old recordings. Sound Forge 8 software builds on its decade-long legacy by adding new features that enhance your editing workflow and increase your productivity.
Here are some key features of "Sound Forge Pro":
· General Features · Rendered Media Path Saving · Media rendered with Sound Forge 8 software include the project path, so you can easily return to the source Sound Forge project if you want to resume editing. · Updated Regions List and Playlist Windows · The Regions List and Playlist windows in Sound Forge 8 have new features for faster in-place editing and sorting. Quickly edit regions by typing new values in the Name, Start, End, or Length fields. · Copy Statistics to Clipboard · With Sound Forge 8 software, you can now copy the contents of the Statistics window to the clipboard for easy comparison of multiple files. · Windows XP theme support · New UI color preferences, icon tint saturation, and Windows XP theme support allows for complete customization of the Sound Forge 8 workspace. · 24-Bit, 32-Bit/64-Bit Float/192 kHz Support · Sound Forge software supports full resolution 24-bit/32-bit 192 kHz files for the ultimate in audio fidelity. Capture the subtle overtones and nuances of instruments, vocals, and effect changes that 24-bit audio provides. With Sound Forge audio software you can import, save, and even record to this resolution if your hardware supports it. · Media Explorer with Automatic File Previewing · Quickly and easily find, preview, and open media files using the Media Explorer window. Drag files and regions from the Explorer into the workspace or onto another open file for easy pasting, mixing, or crossfading. Explore audio files on a CD-ROM and extract automatically by dragging from the Explorer into the Sound Forge workspace. · Recording / playback · ASIO driver support · Sound Forge 8 software includes low-latency ASIO driver support, providing faster, professional results, and access to support of additional soundcards. · VU Meters for RMS Playback and Record Monitoring · Accurately determine RMS volume levels and provide greater perceived loudness control when mastering audio projects. · Automated time-based recording · Set the record timer to start and stop based on your computer's system clock. Choose start time, duration, and end time. Items may be scheduled to record on minute, daily, or weekly basis. · Audio Threshold Record Triggering · Configure Sound Forge software to record when a predetermined audio input level reaches a preset threshold. Recording continues as long as the level is exceeded, and stops after the threshold is no longer maintained. Perfect for unattended and offsite recording, dictation, or any time you want to record away from your computer. Also record audio when MIDI timecode is detected. Sensitivity settings are customizable with user-definable threshold and release patterns. · Prerecord buffer · Eliminate dropouts and missed audio at the start of a recording with the prerecord buffer. · Editing/Workflow · Audio Scrubbing · Use the new scrub tool to quickly and easily find areas in your audio file. Sound Forge 8 also supports JKL keyboard commands for shuttle control to quickly find sections. · Customizable Keyboard Mapping · With Sound Forge 8 software it has never been easier to set custom key commands for frequently used processes. · Real-Time Editing and Processing · Edit files nondestructively in real-time at the sample level and hear your changes immediately. · Waveform Volume and Pan Envelopes · Sound Forge software has Volume and Pan Envelopes that let you visually add precise changes in your audio file over time for easier mixing. · Graphical Fade Curves · Perform quick and easy graphic fades, fade-ins, fade-outs, and crossfades. Fast, slow, smooth, sharp, and hold fade types are available in the Graphic Fade, Pan/Expand, Pitch-Bend, Envelope, and FM Synthesis dialogs. · Multitask Background Rendering · Work on one file while Sound Forge software processes another with multitask background rendering.
· 500 MHz processor · 150 MB hard-disk space for program installation · 128 MB RAM (256 MB recommended) · 24-bit color display recommended · Windows-compatible sound card · CD-ROM drive (for installation from a CD only) · Supported CD-Recordable drive (for CD burning only)
· 30-day trial · Export to certain third-party formats is disabled.
What's New in This Release:
What's new in Sound Forge Pro 10.0c Build 491:
· Fixed a bug that could cause the spectrum graph to be displayed incorrectly in the Spectrum Analysis window. · Fixed a crash that could occur when an in-use file was modified outside of Sound Forge 10. · Fixed a crash that could occur when dragging a selection to the workspace to create a new file. · Fixed a crash that could occur when loading a sample via SDMI. · Fixed a bug that could cause Sound Forge to hang or crash when using the Batch Converter script on a large number of files. · Fixed a bug that could delay plug-in parameters from being updated in real time during looped playback. · Fixed a bug that caused a Find operation to change the active editing tool. · Fixed a bug that prevented you from editing the Selection Start, Selection End, and Selection Length boxes on a data window when using SMPTE Drop time. · Fixed a bug that prevented the SMPTE: Play at Time trigger in the Playlist from working. · Fixed a bug that could prevent Sound Forge from removing temporary files, incorrectly displaying the Crash Recovery dialog the next time you start the application.
What's new in Sound Forge Pro 10.0b:
· When applying effects to a selection that includes the beginning or end of a file, automatic crossfades are no longer applied to the beginning or end of the file. · Fixed a bug that could cause a crash that could occur when rendering to AVI format using templates copied from Vegas 8. · Fixed an issue that caused the OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394/DV external monitor device to be unavailable in the Japanese version of Sound Forge. · Fixed a bug that prevented audio from being rendered when using Windows Media Video templates after clearing and reselecting the Include audio check box. · Fixed a bug that prevented Sound Forge from reading command markers saved in Windows Media files created with earlier versions of Sound Forge. · Fixed a bug that prevented some VST plug-ins (such as EnergyXT and Delphi VST Project) from being used in Sound Forge. · Fixed a bug that could cause incorrect previews when mixing a mono source to a multichannel destination. · Fixed a bug that could occur when attempting to save .wav files in CCITT-ulaw format. · Fixed a bug that caused real-time preview to stop after 10 seconds when using time-altering plug-ins. · Fixed a bug that could cause the Paragraphic EQ plug-in to produce distorted audio when using the Remove very low and inaudible frequencies below 20 Hz preset. · Fixed a bug that could cause incorrect previews when applying effects to events with individual channels selected.
What's new in Sound Forge Pro 10.0a:
· You can now edit samples in musical instrument files. Select the sample you want to edit, and then choose Edit > Event > Edit to open the selected sample in a new data window. After editing, you can save your changes back to the musical instrument file or to a different format. Disc-at-once workflow improvements: · Audio moves with CD tracks when dragging CD tracks with the Edit tool. · CD tracks move with events when dragging events with the Event tool. · CD Tracks can now be locked to audio/events using Options > Lock Audio and CD Tracks. · Added automation support to the élastique Timestretch plug-in. · You can now edit the Original Tempo setting in the élastique Timestretch plug-in. · Scrollbars have been added to the Plug-In Chainer. · When you have data windows maximized, the window title is now italicized during playback to indicate which window is playing. · Improved AAC file support. · Fixed a bug that prevented Sound Forge Pro from opening or saving MPEG-4 audio when QuickTime 7.6.4 is installed. · Fixed a bug that could cause corruption in Broadcast Wave Format metadata. · Fixed a bug that prevented the waveform from being displayed properly within a smooth fade-in curve when zoomed out. · Fixed a bug that could cause the élastique Timestretch plug-in to crash on 32-bit PCs that do not support SSE2. · Fixed a bug that could cause markers to shift after using the iZotope 64-bit SRC plug-in. · Fixed a bug that prevented read-only project files (*.frg) from opening properly. · Fixed a bug that could cause Save to truncate tailing silence in certain scenarios. · Fixed a bug that prevented Mix/Replace from displaying the entire mixed result. · Fixed a bug that could cause short clicks at the end of certain preview operations.
What's new in Sound Forge Pro 10.0:
· Event-based editing. · Disc-at-once CD burning. · Enhanced timestretch and pitch shifting with the élastique Timestretch plug-in. · Support for processing musical instrument files (.dls, .sf2, .gig). · The Global media cache setting on the Editing tab of the Preferences dialog allows you to reserve RAM for media recently read from or written to disk. · Metadata windows. · Floating window docks. · Enhanced Broadcast Wave Format (.bwf) support. · Enhanced window layout management — save, recall, and share custom window layouts. · Tabbed browsing for maximized data windows. · iZotope MBIT+ Dither bit-depth conversion and 64-Bit SRC sample rate conversion. · Resonant Filter plug-in. · Custom selection grid lines. · You can now set default fade types for effects on the Editing tab in the Preferences dialog.